We are kicking off our 4th Annual “Walk a Mile for a Smile” in an effort to raise awareness and donate to Smile Network International.
- Starting TODAY, we are encouraging you to take a daily break away from your desk by heading outdoors for some fresh air and a 1 mile walk around the Carlson Towers walking path (inside path around island). Our goal is for everyone to complete 25 walks before Memorial Day. (30 total business days)
- Our goal is to raise $1,500 to provide 3 life changing procedures for children
- Smile Network is a Minnesota-based non-profit, humanitarian organization that provides life altering, reconstructive surgeries and related healthcare services to impoverished children and young adults in developing countries (cleft palate/lip)
- The mission of Smile Network International is straightforward: To reconstruct lives...one bright, smiling face at a time.
- For each mile walked per person, SkyWater will donate $3 on your behalf. Only allowed to count 1 walk per day. Please mark the sign in the IT area next to your name when you complete a walk.
- Additionally, challenge yourself and walk with each person in our office at least 1 time before it’s over (We have 25 employees total). There will a prize for each person that can complete this task!
Check out Smile Network’s website here for more on what they do as an organization: http://www.smilenetwork.org/