|Title||Mechanical Drafter/Design Engineer|
|Location||Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul Area|
Our client is looking to add a Mechanical Drafter/Design Engineer to their team due to the individual currently in the role being promoted. This individual will be responsible for designing process piping equipment. This position requires someone who enjoys being challenged and can apply knowledge and resourcefulness to each design application.
• Develops skid-mounted capital equipment by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Mechanical and methodical know-how in the design of structural frame supported piping systems.
• Selects and sizes mechanical components based on process design criteria.
• Works with engineers and clients to accurately depict the desired design characteristics.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
• Produces drawings (detailed and outline designs) using standard drafting procedures.
• Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection; manufacturing and assembly instructions.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation process.
• Specifies system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications following testing results.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer generated reports.
• Provides engineering support by answering questions and requests from inside or outside the organization.
• Seeks outside resources to assist with implementing operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and to seek technical support/information.
|Desired Skills and Experience:||
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
• Experience in a similar drafting/design role.
• SolidWorks experience.
• inFlow Inventory software experience
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with 3D AutoCAD.
• Experience working directly with vendors in component sizing and selection.
• Ability to perform calculations for stress, deflection, pipe size, pipe pressure drop, pump and valve sizing.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, etc.
• 3D AutoCAD Design software; Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word, Adobe Word Processing software.
|About Skywater Search Partners||
Start with your short list.™
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “short list search”. Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
– Accounting and Finance
– Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
– Human Resources (HR)
– Information Technology
– Sales and Marketing
– Supply Chain
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.