SkyWater is partnering with a retail company to help identify their next Accountant II. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a high exposure role, as you’ll report directly to the assistant controller. This company is known for it’s great culture, flexible hybrid schedule, and collaborative team. They’re experiencing healthy growth and have plenty of variety in this position and advancement opportunities down the line. If this sounds of initial interest, apply today to learn more.
- Participate in processes of planning, budgeting, and reporting as well as special projects and various company initiatives.
- Prepare journal entries, conduct account reconciliations and act as a collaborative business partner between the stores and the support center accounting department.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of financial results to various levels of the leadership team at the support center and at the retail stores; this will include a comparison of actual financial results against projected and prior year results.
- Effectively work with store management, district/region management, and senior leadership to identify opportunities affecting the financial results, improve processes and collaborate with store leadership to get back on track.
- Assess accounting risk for the business unit and providing appropriate feedback while helping to drive consistent accounting policies and efficient practices throughout the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a minimum of five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls required, preferably with experience in retail.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.