Accounting Consultant – Technical Accounting
Highly reputable company with fun and flexible atmosphere (goes in office one day a week!) looking for an accounting consultant! This person ideally possesses and applies a broad knowledge of financial, accounting, tax and ratemaking principles, practices and procedures.
- Evaluates proposed transactions for accounting and tax implications, provides constructive analysis. Conducts research and develops strategies.
- Uses project management skills to lead complex projects including accounting assessments for new transactions, and successful implementation of new accounting standards, problem resolutions and process improvements.
- Prepares filings, testimony and defense of company positions on accounting and regulatory matters.
- Responsible for accuracy and completion of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting and/or other business close cycles. Produces and/or distributes internal and external reports.
- Frequently leads complex projects and the implementation of problem resolutions and process improvements.
- Consults with process owners and process users to ensure there are adequate internal financial and accounting processes in place.
- Identifies and coordinates data and systems improvements. Works closely with I/T on problem resolutions, enhancements, testing and data verification. May provide user sign off on I/T projects.
- Trains co-workers and new employees. Fills leadership roles as needed for special projects and providing work instructions to others. Stays abreast of current developments.
- Point of contact and subject matter expertise for specific internal and external customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree required.
- Minimum of 3 or more years general financial accounting and reporting or tax experience.
- In depth knowledge of GAAP, SEC, FERC and various other regulatory or tax rules and principles.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.