SkyWater is partnering with a growing and profitable $17M manufacturing company (that is DEBT FREE) looking to hire an Accounting Manager. This company has been around for 75 years and has established a great foundation and attractive culture over the years! Reporting to a strong leader, this individual will be the #2 Accounting/Finance person in the organization, lead a small team, and have a ton of opportunity to add value. If you come from a manufacturing background and are looking for a role with stability and work life balance, please apply!
- Leads month-end closing process to deliver financial results in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the preparation of financial reports which summarize company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Reviews and consolidates the financial results and reports of international subsidiaries into consolidated company financial statements.
- Assists in the annual budget preparation for management review.
- Coordinates support and provides financial data of company's accounts for our outside auditors in conjunction with the annual financial audit.
- Manages two employees in the Accounting department and is directly responsible for the overall direction, coordination, development, and evaluation of these individuals.
- Develops and coordinates all cost accounting system activities.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Coordinates the update of the material standards on an annual basis.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Budgets and analyzes cost data by product line.
- Analyzes ERP system design and capability in conjunction with the Information Systems Manager.
- Oversees entry of financial source data into the computer and reviews ERP system financial, accounting, and operational reports to identify information design problems and initiate corrective measures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting experience, plus previous supervisory experience.
- Experience leading the month-end close process is a must.
- A cost accounting background in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with Epicor software is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with a desire to roll the sleeves up to proactively figure things out.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.