SkyWater is excited to be partnering with one of the coolest marketing companies in town that is looking to add a high-performing Accounting Manager to their team. This PE-backed company has been in business for 50+ years and SkyWater has personally known the CFO and Controller for years – some of the very best!
This person will drive the financial close process and resulting financial statements. With 4 people reporting directly to this person, this person will collaborate with the entire team to make the close process more efficient, while also mentoring and developing their team and cultivating their own leadership skills. The Company isn’t just looking for someone to come in and do the same thing as always – they want someone who is going to come in, challenge the status quo, ask WHY they’ve been doing it that way for so long – truly a strategic thought partner!
If you’re looking for a role with the opportunity to not only grow your accounting skills, but cultivate your leadership skills, this position could be the perfect fit for you!
- Drive month-end close process, including journal entry preparation and account reconciliation completion
- Compile data for annual external audit and income tax returns
- Manage accounting team who are responsible for corporate accounting objectives
- Professionally develop accounting team with strong coaching and mentoring
- Complete special ad hoc projects, as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Public accounting and/ or CPA preferred
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of experience leading people with a successful track record of developing strong teams
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong analytical and communication skills
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.