SkyWater is partnering with a PE backed Ecommerce company in the Twin Cities that is looking to add an Accounting Manager to their team. The ideal candidate is someone who is ready for a new challenge and will act as the ‘accounting expert’ on the MN team and oversee one direct report. This position has growth opportunities within the company and you’ll have the ability to advance to a Controller down the road if desired. They have a great team with a fun mission and operate on a flexible, hybrid schedule. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Transactional Accounting
- Post sales orders
- Post customer returns
- Reconcile daily cash receipts and disbursements for cash management
- Review or initiate weekly payments to vendors by check, ACH and wire Month End Accounting
- Own the accounting close process, including calendar timing
- Use work-papers to roll-forward all general ledger accounts
- Record revenue and expense accruals for period correct reporting
- Determine sales and use tax liability, coordinate tax reporting with outside service provider
- Maintain fixed asset listing, calculate and record depreciation
- Record intercompany activity and coordinate with other divisions
- Prepare trend analysis for every P&L line item Financial Reporting
- Report daily sales compared to Plan, Forecast and Last Year
- Report weekly sales and margin by customer group
- Prepare financial estimates in advance of month-end and before the month-end close is complete
- Prepare monthly financial statements with comparisons to Plan and Last Year
- Use business intelligence tool to extract financial data from ERP and eCommerce platform for reporting and review of key performance indicators. Financial Processes
- Lead the year end audit, respond to provide by client requests, and support field testing
- Lead accounting support of the annual physical inventory count, including inventory freeze, count sheet printing, data entry, and analysis of quantity on hand variances.
- Prepare and file form 1099 as required annually by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Serve as back-up for payroll administration.
- Ensure federal and state business registrations are in good standing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7 years of accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Demonstrated experience supporting a manufacturing or retail business
- Proficient in Sage 100 or another ERP system
- Proficient in MS PowerBI or other business intelligence tool
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Confident, communicative, collaborative, assertive, self-directed, proactive, approachable
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.