SkyWater is excited to partner with a growing $1B+ manufacturing company on their search for an Accounting Manager! This is a newly created role that has growth potential to Controller.
The company is searching for a driven, energetic leader that has strong GL experience and can lead a team of Senior Accountants. The position reports to an amazing leader that truly cares about the success of her team – she will roll up her sleeves and dig in when needed. If you’re driven and looking for a company where you can stay and grow your career, this could be a great opportunity!
Please apply here or reach out to Erin Heer (email@example.com) if you would like to learn more
- Manage monthly close including preparation of journal entries with appropriate support, meeting associated deadlines.
- Prepare and/or review balance sheet reconciliation(s), providing accurate support and understanding.
- Manage the divisional accounts payable function, through direct coordination with and the general oversight of an external (outsourced) AP team.
- Coordinate and ensure timely processing of fixed assets additions, disposals, and reporting.
- Provide support for annual external audits and partner with the audit team.
- Responsible for compiling supporting documentation for annual tax returns and interfacing with the corporate tax team.
- Support the division’s monthly, quarterly, and annual internal controls requirements.
- Develop, implement, and enforce the policies and procedures related to the accounting and accounts payable process.
- Research and resolve accounting issues impacting the company
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, personal and professional development, and recognition for direct reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field with five (5) years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience, 2 of which are in a supervisory position.
- “Can do” manager, with proven strategic thinking/project management skills, who can drive strategic initiatives to completion within tight timelines in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage in a deadline driven environment, work in a team environment, and leverage additional resources as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, prioritizing workload based on company and department needs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time while providing high attention to details.
- Proven ability to manage people; train and motivate employees at all levels, as well as delegate effectively.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.