SkyWater is partnering with a growing Healthcare company located in the Twin Cities metro looking for an Assistant Controller to join their team. This private company is known for having an engaging, community-focused culture that cares about its employees and their development. The team is mostly remote and goes in office a couple times per month.
This is a newly created position! They are looking for someone that is interested in development and exposure in a variety of accounting areas, and someone that wants to have an impact by improving processes. There is also opportunity to manage direct reports in the near future!
If you’re a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager looking for that next step, this one could be for you!
- Assist with the monthly close and quarterly reporting process
- Prepare financial reports and supporting schedules; enhance existing financial reports to provide more meaningful information
- Prepare account reconciliation schedules
- Assist with treasury management, treasury reporting, and preparation of tax returns
- Primary liaison with external auditors during annual audit
- Monitor and evaluate data integrity and accuracy
- Prepare and review journal entries and expense allocations
- Assist with new business opportunities, including integration of acquisitions
- Become subject matter expert in key financial systems and tools
- Partner with leadership to provide insights
- Research technical accounting rules to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Implement and enhance existing internal controls to assure compliance with audit standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field with 4+ years of experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong systems and data management aptitude, including advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently without sacrificing accuracy
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating issues to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill in accounting as well as the desire to learn
- Desire to initiate and implement process improvement efforts to improve accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Dependable, self-motivated, reliable, and conscientious
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.