I’m partnering with a family owned construction client to help them fill a newly created Assistant Controller role. This position will report to the Controller and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, managing 3 team members, and assist with forecasting and budgeting.
My client is looking for someone who is willing to dive in and learn all aspects of the accounting department, look for process improvements, and someone who wants to be a hands on manager. The ultimate goal is for this candidate to be mentored by the current Controller and eventually move into the Controller seat.
- Supervise staff responsible for A/P, A/R, and payroll
- Own the month end close processes
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Sales & use tax preparation and filing
- Work with the Controller to manage the annual external audit process
- Manage cash flows
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience, ideally with at least 3 years working in the construction industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- No task to small mentality, willingness to help out wherever is needed
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.