Assistant Controller – Construction
We are excited to help one of our long-term clients in their search for an Assistant Controller. This is a newly-created role due to growth – and because our client provides an "essential service," that growth will continue, regardless of what transpires with the pandemic. The main responsibility of this role will be to build best practices and procedures for the construction accounting team. Duties include building scalable accounting processes and internal controls, as well as creating and presenting clear financial reporting to management to help inform key business decisions. The Assistant Controller will report directly to our client's Corporate Controller, will be responsible for managing a team of accountants, and will play a critical role in hiring additional staff as necessitated by the company’s growth.
- Create processes and internal controls to maximize efficiency of departmental accounting procedures, timeliness of reporting, and accuracy of data
- Establish performance metrics related to construction projects in order to guide and support operational and financial decision making
- Manage and mentor one or more direct reports
- Oversee and review cyclical budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting, and present results to management team and key external stakeholders
- Guide and direct subcontractors and external vendors by providing clear expectations and financial data to ensure that construction projects are completed on-time and on-budget
- Collaborate with colleagues across all departments to ensure projects are completed on-time and on-budget
Desired Skills and Experience
-10-15 years of accounting experience -Extensive accounting experience within the construction industry -Thorough understanding of construction-specific accounting practices -Demonstrated experience building clear, accurate, and timely budgeting, forecasting and management reporting from scratch -Managerial experience required -CPA Preferred
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.