Assistant General Counsel
SkyWater Search Partners is looking for an Assistant General Counsel for an established manufacturing client in St. Paul. Our client is a 50+ year old company with over 750 employees nationally and is an industry leading, reputable “essential business” with a strong financial track record. As Assistant General Counsel, you will be working side by side with the executive leadership team to provide advice on all business matters having legal implications and making recommendations that have material impact on business growth and operations. The Assistant General Counsel is also Corporate Secretary and reports to the Board. Scope of legal matters include: Corporate, Regulatory, Labor Relations, Contracts and Acquisitions.
- Maintain an ongoing preventive law program including policies, plans, practices, and programs designed to search out and mitigate risk
- Provide legal guidance on complex matters, including acquisitions. Suggest creative legal approaches in pursuit of business objectives
- Review, negotiate and draft contracts to protect the legal rights and assets of the Company
- Identify potential legal risks, issues or anticipated developments in the law and advise management; work with leadership to develop and implement solutions to mitigate risk
- Research legal principles and precedents to develop strategy to legal issues and concerns
- Direct or consult with outside counsel as necessary, minimizing the cost to the Company
- Effectively represent Company in governmental proceedings, such as investigations, court, and administrative and regulatory proceedings
- Act as Corporate Secretary and maintain the corporate records including by-laws, resolutions, and minutes
Desired Skills and Experience
- Juris Doctor (required); licensed to practice law in the State of MN (required)
- 10+ years post bar experience with a combination of both law firm and corporate law settings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization and with external constituents
- Ability to identify issues, gather relevant information, develop solutions/action plans and obtain support from the business
- Effectively combines knowledge of legal specialty with sound business acumen.
- Experienced in the M&A process
- Strong organizational, prioritization, leadership and project management skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.