The Category Manager is responsible for owning and managing the strategic direction for category, driving business performance and aligning with channel leaders, pricing, manufacturing and engineering to optimize total category performance. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing sub-category profit and cost KPIs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Contribute to P&L performance for assigned category: responsible for revenue, gross margins, operating expenses and inventory.
- Manage strategic vision for product category including long-range strategic plans, brand portfolio and channel strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer behaviors and needs in assigned category.
- Actively manager product lifecycles from long-range product plans, to development, launch and exit.
- Assist in sales and profitability against category objectives through analysis of performance data and customer provided POS data.
- Analyze business and market trends to recommend new strategies to drive revenue.
- Interact with stakeholders to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, risk management and sustainability. Oversee the ongoing performance of our suppliers including objective setting, scorecard management and ongoing relationship management.
- Own the category plan including marketing, promotions and product development strategies.
- Contribute to the Long-Range-Product Plan (LRPP).
- Develop talent including through onboarding, training and employee development.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience of relevant marketing, product development and/or product management.
- Strong project management and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative market research tools.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to interface, present and communicate successfully with all level of management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and gaining commitment.
- Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to build and develop a strong team that delivers results.
- Experience managing successful vendor relationships.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.