Chief Human Resources Officer
We have been retained by a fast-growing, global $500M publicly-traded digital manufacturing company to identify their next Chief Human Resources Officer. Reporting to the CEO, this position is one of the most important hires at the organization as our client looks towards the next phase of growth. With a well-regarded HR function team of over 30 people globally, this CHRO position is well-positioned to lead & accomplish a number of large, strategic multi-year projects on behalf of the organization.
Our client is aggressively growing, both organically and through multiple acquisitions in the past few years. They have seen many smaller competitors jump into their space in the last 5-7 years, but the are still seen as the industry leader. This hire will ensure that they continue to drive the industry forward as the #1 leader in the space.
The selected candidate will receive a very competitive strong base salary, annual bonus, and long-term incentive package, along with strong benefits.
*** This organization is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, and the preference of the executive team is to have this person on-site regularly. However, exceptions can be made for exceptionally strong candidates if they are willing to travel to Minneapolis on a regular basis. ***
- Ensures our client's Human Resource organization exemplifies collaboration and a strong service-oriented culture, including: - Deep understanding of the needs of all stakeholders (e.g., ELT, Regional General Managers, and all global employees - Sense of urgency to meet needs of all stakeholders. - Visibility and transparency to investment decisions and resource allocation. - Designs and implements HR strategies and plans to support the achievement of the overall business objectives. - Functions as a strategic business advisor to the executive leadership team. - Leads talent and succession planning initiatives for the global organization. - Develops competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefits strategies to ensure our client can attract top talent and retain an engaged workforce. - Provides support and guidance to the Board of Directors Compensation Committee to ensure the executive compensation strategies are aligned to the strategic objectives. - Provides overall guidance and leadership for global talent acquisition, career development, employee training and leadership development. - Ensure the organization has a global technology strategy to automate manual work and maximize efficiency for hiring and maintaining employee information. Establishes key indicators and analytics to validate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related field; Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP) and/or Advanced Degree preferred Professional Experience
- 15 years of proven HR leadership experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in a manufacturing or similar industry
- Previous executive HR experience managing a geographically dispersed team of 15+ across a variety of HR functions, including various COE’s, HRBP’s, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, etc.
- Experience in developing strategic plans in collaboration with a cross functional executive team and key operational groups.
- Demonstrated experience of establishing and managing long term growth strategies for a global, publicly-traded business.
- A demonstrated track record of building world-class global teams through both recruitment and development. Experience with companies known for performance metrics and discipline. He/she must possess a “hands-on” style while still able to delegate authority as appropriate.
- Outstanding business acumen, analytic skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to lead through ambiguous situations and manage change.
- Proficient technical skills including working knowledge of various HRIS solutions.
- Cultural fit is critically important and includes trust, professionalism, collaboration, data-driven decision-making, a positive spirit, and a results orientation.
- Must be collaborative, flexible, innovative and an excellent partner focused on ensuring the Human Resources organization supports the needs of the business.
- Fosters communication, is approachable and is able to develop and maintain trust at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage change, solve problems and work in ambiguous situations.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- Must have experience on creating and managing an inclusive work environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.