Chief People Officer
SkyWater Search Partners is excited to working with one of Minnesota’s largest Commercial Real Estate Developers to hire their Chief People Officer. Our client is adding a Chief People Officer to their executive leadership team who will propel the organization to excel by leading team members and holding them accountable to drive results. The Chief People Officer is responsible for setting and developing people strategy, goals, objectives, and direction for all aspects of the people function. At a high level, this will include:
- Total talent management
- Culture and engagement enhancement and definition
- Compensation and rewards strategies
- Training and development
- Leadership communication strategy
The Chief People Officer reports directly to the CEO.
THE RIGHT FIT
- A strategic HR leader with a strong business acumen that prioritizes people, culture, and fun in a high growth results-oriented environment.
- Provides direct and actionable leadership; is open and direct with others without being intimidating; deals head-on with people issues and difficult business decisions.
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization from executive leadership to maintenance professionals.
- Proven ability to lead all aspects of Human Resources, develop Human Resources professionals, and manage external partners.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and collaborative while influencing.
- Executive oversight of comprehensive HR functions and talent management functions to drive results including culture building, training and development, employee engagement, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, and recognition programs.
- Lead the development of a performance accountability culture that provides tools to stretch, develop, and retain top performers while simultaneously increasing visibility into current performance. This includes holding leaders accountable for assessing, managing, and developing talent.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the firm both strategically and operationally to establish and implement robust people strategies with short-term and long-term deliverables.
- Provide strategic thinking and executable strategy on talent acquisition, compensation strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent development, and change management.
- Identify key performance indicators for the people function and assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on those metrics.
- Own, create, and execute a strategic talent roadmap with a people development initiative centered around best in class initiatives and developed in collaboration with appropriate leaders.
- Develop compelling employment brand and recruitment process for attracting, hiring, and retaining the best talent. Design a stellar people experience from initial application, through hiring and onboarding, and continuing throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Lead talent conversations and gap analysis conversations with leaders to understand their talent bench strength and guide them to determine a plan of action to achieve their department’s short-term and long-term goals and strategic initiatives.
- Partner with executives to execute effective communication and change management strategies that clearly communicate values and performance expectations.
- Own, lead, and create structured immediate and long-term compensation strategies that are tied to individual and organizational performance. Plans should attract, motivate, and retain talented staff based on an assessment of current market conditions and alignment with the strategic plan of the organization. Identify non-cash recognition tools such as travel, social events, and other unique methods to retain an engaged workforce.
- Understand the wide breadth of the business in combination with an insatiable appetite to grow and be impactful. Courageously and confidently advise and carry out the people strategies and opportunities throughout the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP) and/or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 15 years of progressive Human Resources experience including at least 5 years leading Human Resources in a high growth environment. Experience leading multiple departments in addition to leading Human Resources preferred.
- Multi-state experience ideally in real estate development, construction, or related industries.
- Experience operating in Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) preferred.
- Experience as CPO, CHRO, or other C level position preferred.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.