Chief Technology Officer
We have been retained by a fast-growing, global $500M publicly-traded digital manufacturing company to identify their next Chief Technology Officer. Reporting to the CEO, this position is one of the most important hires at the organization as our client looks towards the next phase of growth (primarily through technology). With a well-regarded technology team of over 200 people, this CTO position is well-positioned to lead & accomplish a number of large, strategic multi-year projects on behalf of the organization.
Our client is aggressively growing, both organically and through multiple acquisitions in the past few years. They have seen many smaller competitors jump into their space in the last 5-7 years, but the are still seen as the industry leader. This hire will ensure that they continue to drive the industry forward as the #1 leader in the space.
The selected candidate will receive a very competitive strong base salary, annual bonus, and long-term incentive package, along with strong benefits.
*** This organization is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, and the preference of the executive team is to have this person on-site regularly. However, exceptions can be made for exceptionally strong candidates if they are willing to get to Minneapolis on a regular basis. ***
- Ensures a product-focused technology organization and development process that maximizes the throughput of business value, aligned to strategy.
- In collaboration with the executive team and technology leadership, develops the technology strategy to support the business strategy, improve productivity, and create new strategic options.
- Directs the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet the current needs and the future needs of the global organization.
- Leads the global technical services organization to maintain excellence through continuous learning and improvement.
- Ensures our client's technology organization exemplifies collaboration and a strong service-oriented culture, including: o Deep understanding of the needs of all stakeholders (e.g., ELT, Regional General Managers, Product Managers, employees, customers). o Sense of urgency to meet needs of all stakeholders. o Visibility and transparency to investment decisions and resource allocation.
- Ensures a successful and rapid execution of the company’s innovation pipeline, serving the needs of business.
- Evangelizes the product roadmaps and ensures that the projects are resourced appropriately and are aligned to the strategic priorities of the business.
- Maintains a robust, scalable software architecture to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Ensure the security and compliance of the organizations technical systems and software and protects the privacy of the data within
- Proactively improves the productivity, quality of output and cost of the technical service organization to assess, evaluate and continually improve results.
- Ensures robust system disruption prevention and recovery capabilities and plans are in place to mitigate risk and ensure business continuity.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent - Masters or MBA preferred - 10+ years leading a large (150+ employee) technology function, preferably in a global company - Previous experience leading direct-to-customer or eCommerce experience preferred - Experience leading both new software development and large scale integration of acquisition platforms - Experience in leading in an integrated business and technology product delivery model - Ability and enthusiasm regarding employee development. Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop new leaders - Demonstrates expertise in best-in-class software development techniques and modern IT practices, technical systems architecture and as well as legacy and modern technology stacks - Expertise with cloud migration and hybrid cloud and on-prem models
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.