Continuous Improvement Manager
Our client is an 80-employee family owned manufacturer in the southwest metro, and they are looking for a CI Manager to join their team. This hire will be responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across all company operations. Plays an important role in fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology to deliver business transformation.
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- Work with key business stakeholders, and multi-jurisdictional ‘LEAN champions’, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing culture of change
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based events to drive ideas and solutions
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy
- Take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal documentation and controls
- Communicate requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements events, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on, and managed at all times
- Deliver coaching and mentoring of staff
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/’WorkOut’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Accomplished leader who builds, motivates and is part of a collaborative team.
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.