I'm working with a small financial services firm to help them find their new Controller. The role is open due to retirement and this person will be responsible to all Accounting/Finance and HR duties. My client is very big on culture and is quite picky with hiring because they want to ensure that their culture remains strong. They have very strong benefits and do a lot of fun things together as a group inside/outside of the office. If you're looking for a stable, tight-knit team environment, this role will be tough to beat.
- Preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger
- Accounting entries and integration of finance functions into existing finance structure
- Running various ad-hoc reports for analysis purposes
- Improve business processes by eliminating inefficiencies and increasing quality while achieving and maintaining optimal levels of process performance.
- Participates in quarterly balance sheet review process
- Manage completeness and timeliness of tasks on the monthly closing schedule
- Journal entry / account reconciliation preparation and review, as assigned
- Maintenance of accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the process and preparation of budgeting and forecasting
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for executive leadership
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize company’s accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a leadership position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
- Must maintain a high-level of confidentiality at all times
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial processes
- Understanding of data analysis, forecasting, planning, and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize and conquer
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Desire to take initiative and proactively seek efficiencies
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.