SkyWater is partnering with an industry leading distribution company on the SW side of town looking to hire a Controller. I'm looking for someone who not only enjoys being a people leader, but is exceptionally good at it as this person will play in a big role in strategically leading and developing the team. The Controller will oversee financial reporting, general ledger, AP, AR, and tax compliance. I'm also looking for someone who has a passion for process improvement work. If you're a proven leader who wants an opportunity to add a great amount of value at a growing company, please apply!
**This role is hybrid.**
- Work directly with the Assistant Controller to manage the preparation of monthly and annual internal and external financial statements including Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Statements of Cash Flows
- Ensure reports are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accountable for the reconciliation of the trial balance and general ledger on a monthly basis, including the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the maintenance, back-up and security of all accounting documents
- Ensure all asset and liability records are updated and current including contractual and valuation information.
- Responsible for tax compliance with all federal, state, and local authorities and all related areas
- Represents the Company together with the Assistant Controller in year-end financial reviews and/or regulatory audits and oversees the preparation of all documentation for these processes
- Fully understands all business processes and related ERP system flows and postings to the general ledger to assure they are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Perform expansion analysis to support management’s decision to expand into new markets
- Direct involvement with the teams under supervision to assure all objectives and goals set are planned accordingly and are being attained
- Work with the Sales and Operations departments on efficient process flows that support company initiatives and achieve financial targets
- Recommend changes in financial processes that will lead to increased profitability and efficiency improvements
- Assist the CFO in developing and attaining corporate strategic objectives and targeted returns for the shareholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting required
- At least 5 years of leadership experience required
- CPA certification highly preferred
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with all departments
- Ability to set and achieve goals for the departments under supervision
- Detail-orientated, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.