SkyWater is thrilled to be exclusively partnering with one of Minnesota’s fastest growing banks to add a Controller to their team. Acting as the sole accounting & finance employee, this is an amazing opportunity for someone who loves to both be in the details and see the debits/ credits, but also for someone who likes to take a step back and see the big picture. There’s a ton of opportunity for process improvements so this person needs to be someone who loves the idea of coming in and re-building an accounting foundation from scratch. If you want to hear more, please reach out. CRabon@skywatersearch.com | 952.767.9025.
- Responsible for preparation, analysis, and presentation of monthly financial results.
- Overseeing and performing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Analyze financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets to identify trends and opportunities.
- Evaluate, develop, and improve department processes, controls, systems, and procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Act as point person for running bank examinations by FDIC and the state.
- Other ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Banking and/ or credit union experience required
- Public accounting and/ or CPA preferred
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial controls
- In-depth understanding of accounting applicable to banking/ credit unions
- Hands-on experience in all areas of financial operations including cash management, month-end close, financial statement preparation and communication with external partners
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.