Job Title: Controller
Hybrid: Onsite 3 days a week
Travel Requirements: 1x per month
SkyWater is partnering with a rapidly growing local, mid-sized manufacturing company that is looking to hire a Controller onto their team. The Controller will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for overseeing the daily accounting and financial functions for the organization and supervising a team of 4 direct reports. This position will be hybrid in the office 3 days a week and require travel to different sites 1x per month.
The ideal candidate will have over 8 years of experience (with majority of this experience in the manufacturing industry), 3+ years of management experience, CPA or CMA certification, strong technical abilities, and experience with process improvement.
Our client is looking to start intervewing in early December. If interested, please apply today or email email@example.com
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the organization
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with regulatory requirements and accounting standards
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with department heads to align financial plans with organizational goals
- Monitor and analyze variances between actual and budgeted financial results
- Manage and mentor the accounting and finance team
- Drive professional development and growth within the department
- Coordinate external audits
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA or CMA certifications preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience (ideally within manufacturing environment)
- 3+ years of management experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and reporting requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Leadership and communication skills
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.