The Corporate Controller will report to the CFO and be responsible for the oversight of all accounting functions. This position provides leadership and management for the accounting function and ensure effective financial controls and compliance and support senior management in meeting business objectives and growth initiatives. This support is provided principally in the following ways: reporting, analysis and decision support as needed by senior management, and the establishment and maintenance of corporate guidelines to provide high-quality, timely and accurate financial information.
- Prepare and oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes.
- Review monthly activity entered into the accounting and operating systems to ensure all of the income, expenses and balance sheet entries are allocated, categorized and coded properly.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements. Prepare and present various financial and operating schedules for management and outside investor(s). Perform analytical procedures, variance analysis and provide explanations.
- Prepare ongoing and timely financial projections and analysis as appropriate to reflect current business.
- Assist in the design and preparation of annual budgets and strategic plan.
- Work with CFO in long-term forecasting, budgets related to growth initiatives and company valuation.
- Prepare tax estimates on quarterly basis while working with outside tax preparer and make tax distributions as required. Prepare all supporting tax schedules as needed for completion of corporate and tax returns and Schedule K-1s.
- Serve as the lead technical accounting resource for the company on accounting transactions and changes in accounting guidance. Research authoritative literature and provide written support documentation for proper treatment of accounting topics as needed.
- Work closely with CFO in handling accounting and tax considerations related to employee equity and deferred compensation plans.
- Coordinate activities of Company's external auditors for annual audits. Review and prepare all required schedules and requests.
- Establish and monitor processes and controls necessary to comply with FINRA requirements, government regulations and procedures related to business accounting/finance practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement – developing and maintaining business processes and systems (including software) and developing standards, practices and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. - A CPA is desired. - Minimum 7+ years of experience including public accounting experience - Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices. - Experience at establishing and maintaining company-wide financial controls
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.