This position provides oversight and support of all core accounting and finance functions including the financial closing and reporting, operational accounting, planning, forecasting and analysis of the company. A key aspect of this role is to evaluate current business and financial processes and look for ways to improve productivity, reduce inefficiencies, and make the most of resources. This position will be directly responsible for present team of eight, with two direct reports.
- Oversee the monthly and annual closing processes.
- Review monthly activity to ensure that all activity is categorized and coded appropriately according to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Oversee the reconciliation of key financial accounts on a monthly basis along with trend analysis to ascertain accuracy, completeness and propriety of balances.
- Direct preparation and analysis of monthly financial and operating reporting packages and ensure the flow of financial information to and from appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate controls exist in all financial systems, processes and procedures.
- Serve as a key point person in the annual financial audit.
- Serve as the technical accounting resource for the Company, which includes the research of unusual or complex accounting transactions.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of monthly, quarterly and annual sales and corporate tax filings.
- Work collaboratively with the CFO and Senior Leadership team to:
- Drive process improvement in accounting and finance related processes, including more complete utilization of current ERP system (Epicor Prophet 21).
- Oversee the financial integration of acquired entities.
- Develop annual budgets and periodic reforecasts.
- Drive process improvement in non-finance related processes as needed.
- Take part in special projects, reports and analysis as needed.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to department staff.
- Provide training to staff members in areas of responsibility.
- Conduct staff performance management and evaluations.
- Be involved in the hiring/terminating of accounting/finance staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations. A CPA is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial processes. Experience with general ledger entry and reporting. Experience implementing / improving Finance IT systems viewed favorably.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of data analysis, forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Experience integrating acquisitions viewed favorably.
- Desire to take initiative and proactively seek efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines; ability to adapt to change.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.