My client has engaged me in a full retained search for their Corporate Controller. My client is a pre-IPO fast growing medical technology company located in Minneapolis.
My client is looking for a Corporate Controller in a newly expanded role due to growth and to prepare for an IPO in 2022.
- Supervise the close and preparation and analysis of monthly financial results ensuring adherence to US GAAP; including but not limited to the G/L, A/P, A/R, payroll, month-end close, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, tax reporting, compliance requirements, and external audits.
- Oversee the company’s financial reporting process and future SEC reporting (S-1 / S-4, 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, proxy statements, earnings releases, etc.)
- Provide leadership to Company’s senior management team by helping support the business proactively, including establishing an inclusive process for regularly updating the company’s budget/forecast to keep an accurate prediction of the business’ financial performance, providing timely financial reporting allowing management to control their spending timely to achieve agreed upon spending goals set, and proactively supporting management with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Manage the consolidation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting of all business entities.
- Assess accounting for M&A and other transactions and provide technical accounting memos, as necessary.
- Directly responsible for ensuring Company has appropriate levels of internal controls in place to help ensure assets remain protected, financial reporting is accurate and complete, and all company transactions are properly authorized.
- Develop and manage a reporting mechanism for key performance indicators (financial and non-financial).
- Conduct operational reviews to ensure effective and efficient spending. Make necessary recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
- Oversee daily banking and cash management activities including bank compliance and reporting.
- Coordinate activities of company’s external auditors, provides oversight to the annual financial audit process. Provides support to the Board Audit Committee including coordinating audit firm selection and reporting audit findings to the Committee.
- Assist with various technical accounting projects, including summaries of research performed and conclusions reached.
- Ensure stock based compensation expense is appropriately calculated and reported.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to the accounting and finance group. Establish and ensure ongoing professional development of all accounting and finance staff.
- Active member of the company’s management team, participating in management team meetings and other leadership activities.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- 10+ years of accounting experience with 5 years of progressive management experience preferably with combination of experience with a nationally recognized public accounting firm and relevant Controller experience.
- CPA preferred
- Strong technical accounting background with in-depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with research and preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.