SkyWater Search Partners is working with a $500B+ AUM investment management company to add a Corporate Counsel to its legal team in either Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston, or New York.
An ideal candidate has at least 2-10 years of experience with investment management, compliance, and regulations in either a law firm or in-house setting (if in-house, a prior role in a law firm is preferred). More senior candidates will be considered for a Senior Corporate Counsel title.
There is solid room for growth within this legal department within the next couple years. The compensation is competitive, and the benefits are top-notch. This is a hybrid role, with 3 days in-office and 2 remote (2 in-office and 3 remote for Boston office).
If you’re interested in learning more, please apply or reach out to Kelsey Quarberg directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide legal advice to business lines for various investment products and services
- Analyze disclosure materials and contracts
- Assess risk and compliance
- File Form ADV
- Negotiate and draft agreements and transactions
- Manage corporate and securities filing processes
- Maintain 529 plan offering documents
Desired Skills and Experience
- JD and active license to practice
- Strong understanding of Investment Advisers Act of 1940, broker-dealers, compliance, filings, and applicable rules and regulations
- Comfortable meeting with clients and key stakeholders directly
- Ability to communicate effectively with both US and Non-US individuals
- Experience with risk mitigation
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.