Data Engineer/Architect (remote)
We have been retained by an exciting & growing $150M+ eCommerce business based in the Midwest to identify their first Data Engineer/Architect. This organization is one of the hidden gems culture/team-wise in the Midwest; we placed their first Software Architect there over 10 years ago, and he is still there and loving it! Our client has been around for over 20 years, and employs more than 200 people at their HQ here in town. If you enjoy big enterprise environments with a ton of legacy code/data, red tape, and huge architecture teams, don’t apply for this job. This is a build role; someone that likes to build a new data platform while being able to use the latest & greatest tools to do it.
The owners of this company started the company in college out of their dorm room, and have since been featured in the Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs in publications across the country. They’ve seen 30-35% growth every year since the company’s inception. And yet, this is a company you have NEVER heard of.
*** This is a primarily REMOTE role. Our client would love if the architect could get to the St. Paul, MN area about once or twice a month to participate in meetings, but it isn’t required. ***
*** This is a full-time, permanent position. Our client does not sponsor visas at this time. ***
- What will you primarily be doing?
- Create and implement a vision for a Modern Data Architecture including the centralization of multinational datasets for analytics and reporting consumption.
- Partner with data stewards to define business requirements and design data and analytics solutions that will address the need.
- Display a strong engineering curiosity while identifying areas of opportunities to build out new tool sets related to data engineering/analytics.
- Lead resources to design, implement and support end to end data warehouse, data mart/lake, etc. provide structured and timely access to large datasets.
- Lead the team to deliver reporting & dashboard capabilities to business partners based on defined/governed metrics.
- Provide feedback to product teams surrounding data-related technical issues and support.
- Contribute and improve upon data dictionaries/glossaries. How to stand out?
- Ability to speak both traditional data warehouse and modern data architecture principles relating to event driven architecture and real-time data consumption.
- Hands on experience across the end to end data stack covering data store/warehouse design, BI, reporting, dashboard development, preferably in a customer/lead centric industry.
- Proficiency in interreacting with multi-shore teams in a technical leadership/guidance capacity
- Experience in building scalable batch/real-time end-to-end data ingestion and consumption solutions.
- Understanding of the strengths of cloud-based solution stack (Azure preferred) in the development of data solutions.
- Apply agile methodologies and iterative development to data warehouse/processing solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ recent years' experience in data modeling, design, data integration/engineering, data quality, data security
- Experience with industry standard reporting/data consumption tools
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with git, CI/CD pipelines, testing frameworks etc.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.