Director of Assembly
Looking for an opportunity to lead an Assembly Division for a well respected, privetly owned, manufacturing company? We are looking for someone with strong leadership ability and technical amplitude that can lead a department of 50-60 people, while overseeing work cell production, maintenance, quality, and scrap reduction.This role reports to the GM and rolls up into the COO. Would be responsible for profitability and productivity related to the manufacture of components and/or finished product within the Assembly Departmart.
- Manage Assembly Department activities to ensure that production schedules are met, quality parts are being produced, and target overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is met or exceeded.
- Develop and lead high achieving teams to ensure that operational targets are met.
- Create a positive team atmosphere across all product line that promotes safety, cohesiveness, maximum performance and efficiency.
- Lead and collaborate with the Assembly Supervisor to improve product flow and product quality; develop and maintain systems to reduce scrap and waste.
- Work with Group Leaders to allocate resources to complete orders to customer expectations and to schedule.
- Schedule Preventative Maintenance and verify documentation of records. Set calibration schedule and verify records in compliance with ISO standards. 6S work cells. Set and manage cleaning schedule.
- Maintains safe working environment including completion of accident investigation reports, Completing Safety Audits, workplace Organization Audits, Ensure proper utilization of personal protective equipment, and compliance with company safety rules and procedures to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to lead a cross functional team, achieve desired results, and maintain relationships.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience successfully supervising/leading in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events and/or Process Improvement.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.