Director of Financial Planning
We are partnered with an award winning, Forbes recognized premier wealth management firm that delivers exceptional experience and unique planning strategies to help them find a Director of Financial Planning.
The Director of Financial Planning is a new role and a senior hire for the team that will work alongside the Key Managing Director on all of the firm’s best client relationships. The DoFP will lead client onboarding, and as needed will ensure that the client experience is seamless and consistent. The DoFP will also stay very proactively engaged with the clients to ensure risk management and investment products are functioning as intended and that the voice of the client is heard inside the organization in a proactive and timely manner.
We are looking for a strategic thought leader than can boil recommendations and opportunities down to the key salient points for each client. An independent, motivated, driven individual with a focus on client-service, a proactive and problem-solving nature and polished demeanor is desired.
Breadth of experience across Insurance Sales, Investment products and Tax experience and knowledge is of utmost importance.
If you have interest in this opportunity, please reach out to email@example.com
- Serves as Team Expert regarding Industry Planning knowledge and firm tools/resources available
- Oversees the workflow and processes of the Planning Department to ensure an efficient internal and external sales cycle
- Understands and able to convey team value proposition to the client through planning construction
- Conducts case analysis and formulates recommendations for Advisor to deliver to client
- Primary focus on all A+/A Case Prep with additional oversight on additional case prep
- Identifies High Net Worth Clients’ unique needs and associated solutions
- Ability to step into client meetings and lead strategic planning discussions
- Conducts Research on funds, strategies, reviews portfolios performance, and presents recommendations
- Understands and partners with internal firm resources required to execute on client and business needs
- Operates in a “Think Tank” function with focus of “finding money, finding opportunity”
- Optimizes growth in both risk management and advisory wealth management businesses
- Serves as key liaison between Concierge, Trust, and/or Banking Services
- Maintains familiarity with industry and economic trends
- Focuses on complete client care and delivering on promises made to client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of financial planning experience
- History of clean compliance record
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Securities (6/7 & 63/66) and life & health insurance licenses
- CFP designation strongly preferred
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.