Director of Manufacturing
SkyWater Search Partners is looking for a Director of Manufacturing for a client of ours in the West Metro. This would be a full-time, permanent opportunity with a growing organization here in town.
Leads, directs, and coordinates all manufacturing activities in the company. This includes Machine Shop, Assembly, Shipping/Receiving, Tool Room, Production, and Purchasing. This is a leadership role in the company that manages the various department managers and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum employee levels to achieve the companies’ strategic plan and keep the overhead and raw material costs in line with the annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Attends weekly leadership meetings to report, discuss issues, and help determine the strategic direction of the company.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for all manufacturing related activities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Leadership ? The art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal.
- Analytical ? Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Initiative ? Undertakes self?development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment ? Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision?making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation ? Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing ? Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism ? Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows Through on commitments.
- Problem Solving ? Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills ? Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) ? The ability to communicate at the emotional level, understand emotions and emotional situations.
- Oral Communication ? Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication ? Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics ? Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability ? Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires occasional travel which may include international travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Industrial Technology, or Business Administration: or a Four?year technical degree in a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process?oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows operating software
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Internet Browsing software
- Microsoft Office software
- Mobil device Operating System software and Apps that run on IOS or Android
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.