Director of Operations
The Operations Director will be responsible for the leadership, performance, and oversight for multiple sites. The Operations Director responsibilities will include managing all operations either directly or through plant/regional managers to meet the Company’s financial performance objectives.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operations in all plant locations. Direct production activities to insure a safe work environment, production efficiency, compliance with quality standards, regulatory compliance, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Assist the VP in the development of annual strategic and operational budgets.
- Formulate, recommend and execute raw material needs.
- Provide guidance and direction to managers regarding the continual improvement of operations for which they have ownership.
- Improve the performance of the company and its employees to drive better business results and operating efficiencies.
- Provide successful leadership and positive employee relations through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Implement best practice standards to ensure the highest efficiencies in all aspects of the
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations management position. Ideally in the building materials industry or big box retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or related field.
- Technical Skills in LEAN Manufacturing processes and applications, Process Improvement, and production practices.
- Excellent leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to regional plants.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.