Director of Operations
We are partnered with a Pittsburgh-area hedge fund established in 2009, to help them find a Director of Operations for their small team. The position will provide middle and back-office support including oversight of firm operations and internal people leadership. This person will have significant responsibility for, or involvement in, the firm’s accounting/audit, HR, legal/compliance, marketing, client services, and vendor management functions.
We are looking for a tenacious, hands-on candidate with strong accounting and/or legal/compliance experience. Previous asset management experience is ideal. Additionally, the firm partners with multiple legal and back-office contractors across the full range of operational functions that can support the hire as they onboard and supplement any gaps in experience.
We are looking for a hard-working, self-starting, detail- and learning-oriented operations leader to join the team. Great candidates will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment with lots of visibility and responsibility.
Please contact Julie Amende at Skywater Search Partners if interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review monthly portfolio accounting
- Manage the firm’s internal accounting
- Manage the annual audit and tax process (and quarterly estimates)
- Work with the firm’s OCFO and fund administrator to accept new investments and process redemptions
- Set up wires for approval by the firm’s Managing Member
- Assist with HR processes such as payroll, personnel compliance, and organizational development
- Work with outside legal to ensure compliance with SEC and laws and rules applying to both domestic and Cayman Island funds
- Manage all non-individualized communication with investors (the investment team will provide the content to be distributed)
- Drive continuous improvement of all operating processes including oversight and managing third-party solutions
- Once established in the role, other opportunities will exist related to trading, marketing and/or other aspects of the firm depending on the hire’s capabilities and interests
- Own the relationship with the firm’s third-party accounting firm (“fund admin”), Outsourced CFO (“OCFO”), audit and tax firm, multiple legal advisors and other service providers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pittsburgh PA residence
- 10+ years of finance, accounting and/or operations experience
- Self-starting and sense of initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptionally detail orientated
- “Can-do” attitude and willingness to take on tasks at all levels
- Growth-oriented and desire to learn
- Proven track record of managing external stakeholders
- Experience in asset management operations
- Previous management/people leadership experience
- Experience at a major accounting firm
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.