Director of Safety
SkyWater is partnering with an existing client to find a Director of Safety for their team! This person will be responsible for overseeing the safety function for our client while leading a team of 3 direct reports. The Safety Director will oversee multiple sites across the Midwest while developing, implementing & maintaining safety programs and instilling a strong safety culture across the organization. We’re looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree or certifications preferred), 5+ years of safety management experience and experience working in manufacturing settings. If you’re looking to join a reputable, industry-leading organization with opportunities to advance your career then please submit your resume today!
- Develop, implement, and oversee safety programs, policies, & procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify potential hazards & risks.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop safety protocols for specific processes.
- Develop and conduct training programs on safety procedures, equipment usage, & emergency protocols for employees.
- Stay updated and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Lead investigations into workplace accidents, incidents, or near misses to determine root causes & implement corrective actions.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce the frequency & severity of incidents.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to address safety concerns and implement improvements.
- Communicate safety initiatives, policies, and best practices throughout all levels of the organization.
- Other projects or responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree or safety certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a safety management role.
- Experience overseeing multiple sites or facilities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence & engage stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Experience developing and delivering safety training programs.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.