Distribution Center Manager
The Distribution Center Manager (DCM) is a strategic team member leading all aspects of the distribution center, including shipping, receiving and returns, mentoring direct staff, sustaining a positive work environment with focus on safety and quality, achieving budget, delivering on key metrics, and providing dependable service to all channels of the business, (B2c, B2B, and eCommerce). The DCM is expected to lead in a way that is consistent with the company’s core values surrounding quality, cost, delivery and safety in the continuous pursuit of improvements and lean principles.
- Work to meet and exceed facility financial benchmarks, and continually support all essential warehouse duties and goals in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity
- Communicate any and all items related to Distribution Channel in an accurate and timely manner to both internal and external customers, including senior management
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) of the facility’s warehouse management system
- Support the ongoing efforts of Lean Management Operations within the facility, including reiterating a “6S” culture and performing Gemba inspections
- Facilitate teamwork and integration between facility functions and departments, as well as between other company Distribution Center locations
- Support and manage all warehouse staff in accordance with policies and procedures. Provide discipline and corrective action as required
- Manage and maintain staffing levels and efficiency standards, making changes to staffing assignments as necessary to optimize workflow and manage/track all labor hours
- Address all employee performance issues promptly and directly in accordance with company personnel policies and procedures
- Support Human Resources to assist in the hiring and developing of leadership and hourly team members
- Provide the direct staff with support and backup coverage as determined by staffing needs
- Instruct, communicate and practice all and any safety procedures related to operations, team, equipment, etc., making safety standards priority one
- Manage and perform audits on the Shipping/Receiving functions, which includes validating paperwork, observing processes, and communicating to assess the team’s understanding of work responsibilities
- Evaluate and enforce department processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Recommend, coordinate, and implement needed changes based on process analysis
- Bachelor’s/4-year degree required, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations or other business-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with large-scale, distribution, manufacturing or operations experience required
- Proven leadership experience in progressively higher-level roles of increased responsibility
- Material Handling Equipment Certification required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and other job-related applications (ability to utilize Pivot Tables and VLookup is mandatory)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills are necessary
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required. Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Ability to identify and understand complex issues, analyze and compare data, and draw conclusions as a result of analysis
- Excels at problem-solving and decision-making supported by metrics
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities to complete individual and group tasks
- Maintain consistent performance under pressure, addressing stressful situations in a manner that is professional, and measured
- Experienced in OSHA safety standards and tracking, with the ability to lead the organization in analysis and changes to working practices and culture
- Use interpersonal skills to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals
- Read, analyze and interpret regulations and procedures, and appropriately respond to common inquiries and grievances when interacting with employees
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.