The client is the top solar company in our area and an award-winning commercial solar energy developer with over 500 behind-the-meter installations now operational and many more under construction. We have a reputation for being attentive to the interests of our clients, having sound business judgment, and carrying out tasks correctly. Our culture, which places a high emphasis on each member’s individual abilities, suggestions, and insights and establishes integrity, quality, safety, and accountability as the cornerstones of everything we do, is our greatest asset. While being values-driven, we are profit-oriented. While valuing agility, we demand completeness. We respect each person individually, but we stand or fall as a unit. An experienced engineer who wishes to work autonomously with a team of other experts as an in-house expert will excel in this position.
Collaboration is key, thus as an electrical engineer, you must be able to work well with the sales, design, and construction teams. This is especially important when explaining designs and components to non-technical workers. You’ll need to be able to work independently and switch gears as necessary because our agile organization works on a variety of projects. You’ll be expected to be knowledgeable with current equipment and components, as well as utility codes and regulations.
- Perform engineering for and specify the AC & DC equipment required for interconnecting solar arrays with the customer’s electrical service and the grid
- Design custom equipment specifications with external suppliers
- Ensure designs meet all applicable codes, industry standards, utility requirements and customer specifications
- Review drawings and calculations performed by other drafters and designers
- Review Utility interconnection requirements; communicate with Utility regarding the same
- Obtain and review data sheets for equipment and integrate into design
- Produce Utility Interconnection documents including one-line, site plan, grounding transformer, relay settings, relay programming, wire & raceway, equipment elevations, labels and placards, fuse curves, and utility exception requests, as-Built Electrical drawings
- Perform occasional site visits to analyze unique site conditions
- Work with third-party engineering firms when they are leveraged for work or specific expertise
- Work with Estimators to identify equipment options and facilitate selection
- Work with Procurement to review quotes and drawings that meet time & budget constraints
- Work with field electricians to provide input to facilitate interconnection start-up
- Assist in diagnosing system issues during O&M
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- Power Systems or Solar Photovoltaic Systems Experience
- Professional Engineer License (PE) in Minnesota
- Solid comprehension of Schweitzer products such as AsCelerator, SEL Grid Configurator, SEL751 relay and SEL851 relay
- Knowledge of SCADA
- NABCEP PV Design Specialist
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.