The Engineering Supervisor will have multiple responsibilities including leading a small engineering team, championing company product lines, and supporting sales and business development as a technical expert. You will lead engineering functions by overseeing the development of custom electrical, automation, and mechanical system specifications to meet project deadlines, develop a high level of product expertise, and assist with current and potential customer meetings to support the sales team.
This is an on-site position.
- Define and specify components per customer requirements
- Create schematics and layout drawings for customer review and approval
- Confirm product and system specifications, standards functionality, and changes through the design process
- Lead the development of application-specific software code for system devices
- Prepare required documentation for customer proposals and proper internal systems
- Perform assembly of prototype products with other company associates as needed
- Prepare conceptual system layouts and assist with the development of customer-specific proposals and presentations
- Work directly with customers and your internal engineering team to define and document the scope of system projects
- Meet with customers to guide and supply expert knowledge and advice to product design projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in an Engineering field, preferably related to Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Automation, Applications, and/or Systems
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in a related field
- 2 years of applicable engineering experience leading engineering projects by defining project scope, working directly with customers, and leading engineering project teams of 2 or more.
- Ability to delegate, manage, and see future project deadlines to appropriately allocate assignments
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 25% of the time (no weekends)
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.