Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
SkyWater is partnering with a midsize, PE owned Medical Device Manufacturing company looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join their global organization. They are on track to double in size over the next two years and are excited for this person to be a part of this incredible growth. As the FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for building out the FP&A function for the organization and implementing new processes to ultimately help the company operate and grow. This person will have great exposure and will work closely with executive leadership (including the private equity firm) as well as be involved in strategy and making important business decisions so they need someone with excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Partners with business management to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the assigned area, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction of the assigned area.
- Collaborates with business management and support teams to ensure strong execution, delivery of customer value and positive business results.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team.
- Leads the preparation of the financial forecasts and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key operational metrics and inputs.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances as compared to plan, forecast and prior periods. Prepares presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Supports monthly reviews and periodic business planning sessions. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes various investments and substantiates rationale for projects through business case developments.
- Participates in medium term and strategic planning for the assigned business area.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field
- 5+ years of related Finance experience including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modeling, planning, etc.
- Hands on experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues and problems.
- Experience working with executive leadership and acting as the financial business partner.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, SQL and consolidation software preferred
- Experience working in an organization where the FP&A role was new and undefined
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.