Financial Reporting Accountant
SkyWater is partnering with a well-known Minneapolis-based CPG company looking to hire a Financial Reporting Accountant. This is a high exposure role where the individual will be able to learn the ins and outs of the growing, global business while adding value to reporting and internal control processes. This would be an awesome opportunity for someone looking to transition out of public accounting, and get into an industry role where you can add value at one company and grow your career with a fun company.
- Assist with periodic consolidation process for budget, forecast and actual results.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly financial close controls including balance sheet and income statement analytics, statement of cashflows and the statement of equity.
- Support the global external audit by compiling audit support for the consolidated financial report and related footnotes, preparing for audit process walkthroughs and assisting the external auditors as required.
- Develop business process flowcharts and assist with process improvement.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of global accounting policies and standards.
- Provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document accounting issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Assist with internal and external compliance efforts (i.e. annual audited reports, controls, census data, etc.).
- Participate in other projects as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience, preferably public accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Must be self-motivated, a relationship builder/collaborative in nature, and have a passion for process improvements
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.