Financial Reporting Manager
SkyWater is partnering with a Minneapolis based, privately-held healthcare startup company who is looking to add a Financial Reporting Manager to their growing team. This company has been growing aggressively over the past 4 years and is on a path to continue that growth. The culture is very attractive and unique with a lively open space office, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, and a collaborative team dynamic. This person's role will consist of managing 1 direct report, quarterly reporting and filings and helping prepare for audits, and will also involve ad hoc project work, implementing process improvements, and getting exposure to other areas of this person's interest (i.e. ad hoc analysis, FP&A based work, etc.). The ideal candidate would be a motivated, quick learner who is looking to make an impact on a fast growing organization.
- Own the preparation and review of statutory basis quarterly, annual and audited financial statements for 4-6 regulated entities, along with various supplemental financial filings and reports required by state and federal regulatory bodies.
- Prepare and influence the preparation of high quality quarterly, annual and audited financial statements which comply with and follow statutory accounting principles along with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Assist in providing and preparing documentation to support the annual audits performed by external auditors.
- Maintain supporting calculations for and documentation for Statutory-basis adjustment to GAAP-basis account balances, as well as other supporting schedules and exhibits included in the financial statements and supplemental financial filings.
- Accurately account for and report on transactions of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborate cross functionally with different groups including the Finance and Actuarial teams, Executive leadership, external vendors, along with other teams within the company.
- Identify areas for improvement and lead initiatives to improve reporting of financial data which may include assisting in the design and implementation of new processes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience with financial reporting
- Strong GAAP and Statutory Accounting knowledge
- Health care industry preferred
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.