SkyWater is excited to be partnering with one of the top private equity firms in Minneapolis, MN to find them their next Controller. This company is known for being one of the best middle market investment firms in the United States. On top of their amazing reputation, this company has an attractive company culture – engaging, collaborative, and very driven!
This person will be reporting directly to the CFO, who is one of the sharpest female leaders SkyWater has ever worked with and needs an A+ individual to join her team. This individual will spearhead the G/L system implementation, prepare and produce industry-accepted fund financials, be the main point of contact for the external auditors, and truly establish a strong accounting foundation. The ideal candidate would be described as a driver who challenges the status quo; one who anticipates requests before they are thought of (let alone spoken of).
If this sounds like you and you want to hear more, please contact Claire Rabon at CRabon@skywatersearch.com.
- Prepare and produce industry-accepted Fund financial reporting
- Design, build and drive the G/L system implementation
- Supervise and control the accounting of the management’s company’s books and records
- Prepare and compile necessary information to ensure that all investor and other reporting obligations are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the Funds’ partnership agreement (i.e. quarterly and annual financial statements, tax filings, K-1’s, expense reporting, and compliance related reporting)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the external auditors
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operations team on ad hoc projects and special requests to support the broader team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting
- 6+ years of fund accounting and/ or accounting experience, preferably in a private equity setting
- Experience assisting and/ or driving a G/L system implementation highly preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience working with or at a large bank
- Experience working with external auditors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent thinker, incredibly self-motivated, driver
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.