General Ledger Accountant
SkyWater is partnering with a growing Construction company on the East side looking to hire a General Ledger Accountant who is eager to learn and grow their skill set as this role will work very closely with the Controller. The company has a very laid back, fun, and flexible culture with great leaders across the organization. They are looking for someone with GL experience who is self-motivated, can work collaboratively with a team, and help drive efficiency for the department as they continue to grow.
- Act as the lead person in monthly close process responsible for group level account reconciliations, journal entries, various account analyses, and monthly financial reporting package preparation.
- Preparation and analysis of various weekly, monthly and quarterly financial information analyses including working capital management, expense analysis, troubleshooting, and any other analysis as directed.
- Reporting with group level management, detailing job/division/region performance and status.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting, including variance analysis.
- Assist in management of fixed asset database.
- Assist in external and internal audit process, gather documentation and information.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls within the accounting and finance department processes.
- Makes recommendations to Management for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Special projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of related accounting experience
- Hands on experience with using Microsoft Suite is required
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.