We are partnering with a small/mid-size light industrial manufacturer to find their next General Manager. Their current has announced his intentions to retire in the next 6 months and we are looking to bring on his replacement.
You’ll be walking int a firm that is coming off back to back record years, and looking for someone that can continue to grow the company. They pride themselves in taking care of and retaining their employees and need someone that has a similar outlook on running a business.
- Oversees, manages, and optimizes day-to-day business operations; Engineering, Finance/HR, Purchasing and Production, and Sales & Marketing.
- Day to day operations management including planning, execution, scheduling, housekeeping, maintenance, and process improvements
- Direct management of the purchasing, planning, and production and assembly departments to ensure efficient business execution, favorable materials price management, and efficient logistics.
- Ensures compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget, P&L performance, and development and implementation of strategic plans for business growth.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Maintain strong vendor relationships and sustains knowledge of all product line offerings.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the operation.
- Ensure staffing level is appropriate based on business needs and that staff is properly trained.
- Execute the performance evaluation process and ensure that it is completed properly and timely throughout operation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with 2 years of P&L responsibility
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or assembly of engineered products
- Excellent relationship building skills; communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- High level of initiative and ability to multitask.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.