Global Tax Director
- Lead the company’s tax department, building and managing a team of individuals and fostering a positive work environment
- Develop operational tax strategies and processes
- Update Senior Management and Audit Committee of Board of Directors on tax rate forecasts, legislative developments, and other critical tax matters
- Provide strong business partnership and support new business initiatives by analyzing tax implications and advising on tax efficient structuring alternatives
- Oversee preparation of US GAAP world-wide tax provision and related financial statement disclosures ensuring compliance with ASC 740; Manage communications with internal and external auditors
- Partner with local country finance colleagues to ensure compliance with all foreign tax return filing and statutory reporting requirements
- Oversee and manage 3rd party tax providers with respect to US income tax compliance filings
- Identify and implement tax planning opportunities to minimize tax liabilities and compliance burden.
- Manage federal, state, and foreign tax audits and disputes.
- Review internal transfer pricing policies; oversee preparation of all required documentation necessary to comply with global transfer pricing standards and to support intra-group transactions
- Monitor global legislative developments; evaluate the impact to the company and update VP and Senior Management team
- Manage tax due diligence, structuring, tax efficient financing, and integration aspects of M&A transactions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with accounting emphasis. MBT or other advanced tax courses a plus. CPA and/or law degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of corporate tax experience in a large CPA firm and/or corporate tax department.
- Tax experience should include compliance, research, planning and income tax accounting with focus on federal and international income taxes.
- Tax experience in a multi-national manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) control process.
- Supervisory and project management required.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.