SkyWater is partnering with the CFO of a $40M non-profit organization located in St. Paul who is hiring a Grant Accountant to join their growing team. I'm looking for someone with great energy who is detail oriented and likes to engage and build relationships with their peers since this person will work closely with other departments (i.e. Programming team). This is a great opportunity to join a mission based company and work with an awesome, collaborative team.
- Maintain grant files, including final signed agreements, approved budgets, and other relevant information for over 30 grants.
- Partner with the Chief Advancement Officer to create budgets and other reports for grant proposals.
- Submit financial reports to grant funders as required under grant agreements.
- Submit payment requests via appropriate channels for reimbursement on grant agreements; track payment requests to assure timely receipt of grant payments.
- Prepare the monthly recognition of grant revenue via journal entry.
- Ensure the accuracy of grant cost allocations w/in the Intacct accounting system.
- Support program managers to forecast, spend, and reallocate grant budgets; track grant budget spend down and burn rates; provide grant reports to program managers for review.
- Liaise with federal cognitive agency to negotiate indirect cost rate agreements.
- Complete financial reconciliations by request of granting agencies.
- Respond to requests for information on various grants.
- Serve as liaison with auditor on annual audit for all grant activity.
- Prepare Schedule B for fiscal year IRS Form 990.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience (ideally from the non-profit industry)
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Knowledge of the community health center ecosystem is beneficial
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.