Skywater is partnering with a $1B private company in Eden Prairie, MN that is looking to add a Controller. This Controller will be a key member of the Executive Finance team in its role to lead and develop the accounting team. Reporting directly to the SVP of Finance, the Group Controller will be responsible for revolutionizing practices to get the organization in line with best in class standards.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional accounting knowledge, will drive excellence in our existing businesses, and will lead the setup of new practices and procedures for our new businesses. Strong technical skills and excellent interpersonal skills are a must for this business critical role!
If you are looking for a top notch culture where you can provide value by leading and developing an Accounting function, this could be an amazing opportutunity for you!
- Oversee the daily operations of the corporate accounting function, including general ledger, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, daily treasury, and payment processing.
- Lead the adoption of new accounting standards, including technical research around potential impact on the organization and establishment of processes to ensure proper accounting in accordance with standards subsequent to adoption.
- Collaborate to ensure that accurate general ledger account balances for all income statement and balance sheet accounts are maintained through monthly reviewed reconciliations and other analysis.
- Collaborate with internal team members and be the lead point of contact to external audit firm in planning and timely execution of annual audit process.
- Participate in development and execution of key strategic initiatives to help identify revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities and improve internal business processes.
- Direct, develop and implement short- and long-term strategies, goals, and action plans to meet defined business objectives of the Accounting Department that are in alignment with company objectives.
- Direct and support timely monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, including variance analysis with actual, budgets, and forecasts.
- Assist leadership in various financial and operational accounting duties, controls, reviews, tax planning and analysis activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience with no less than 3+ years at a Director or Controller level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required, MBA preferred
- Agile and flexible mindset with capability to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to identify root causes of problems and implement solutions while keeping a holistic and long-term perspective in mind
- Model flexibility, resiliency and change management skills by staying self-aware, constantly learning, and finding ways to cut through ambiguous problems
- Establish trust, respect, and credibility, while forming close working relationships at all levels
- Proven experience leading and inspiring teams to meet business objectives with outstanding results
- Experience in managing remote teams
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.