SkyWater is looking for an HR Director who is interested in partnering with the CEO of a privately held company in Ramsey, MN and helping him elevate the business. As anHR leader, you will be directly responsible for the overall leadership, strategic planning, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function. This position will also be responsible for creating, directing, and executing the practices and programs needed to support business goals and promote a positive culture, including management consulting, workforce planning and talent acquisition, organizational design and effectiveness, employee and leadership development, performance management, succession planning, compensation, recognition, benefit design and implementation and employee relations.
If you are a strategic advisor with the ability to truly impact a business, this could be an exciting opportunity to explore. Feel free to contact Lindsay Dubbeldee directly for additional information or interest: LDubbeldee@skywatersearch.com.
- Participates as a strategic member of the executive leadership team, contributing subject matter expertise to programs, issues, and organizational changes and initiatives.
- Assists CEO and business leaders in developing and fostering effective collaboration and business relationships across functions.
- Directs company-wide organizational change initiatives and practices that support the business strategy, including organization cultural assessment, organizational development initiatives, leadership development, engagement programs, and performance management process.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Provides effective coaching and counsel on HR issues involving employee relations, organizational change/restructuring, and leadership effectiveness. Recommends development plans, processes, and programs to meet specific individual training needs.
- Partners with management to gain business acumen in order to support functional goals and objectives. Attends department/management meetings to gain insight to their business, challenges and opportunities.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Plans, organizes and directs the HR team to provide innovative, reliable, and customer-focused service delivery on all HR processes and programs. Determines HR best practices and develops implementation strategy to support key management issues as well as ensure that HR strategy is aligned with company culture and business strategy.
- Implements innovative and effective sourcing and selection practices and programs. Supports the organizational structure by developing a workforce strategy, job profiles, and staffing levels to effectively accomplish company goals and objectives. Leads recruitment and on-boarding activities across the organization.
- Designs and implements retention techniques and strategies to maintain positive morale and decrease unwanted turnover.
- Leads the design, development, communication, and implementation of compensation and incentive programs aligned with company strategy, business objectives, and market competitiveness.
- Directs the development, contracting and administration of all employee benefit programs including health, life and disability insurance, wellness, 401(k), time away, etc. Oversees staff in the administration of claims resolution, change reporting, invoicing and payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, utilization reporting, and annual contract negotiations.
- Evaluates, implements, and oversee technology solutions and procedures to improve human resources data management, analytics, efficiencies and business reporting.
- Sponsors and drives employee communication programs that build and foster a culture based on respect, transparency and individual accountability in alignment with the company’s business imperatives and values.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of progressive human resources experience; at least 5 years leading a team of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field. Master's preferred. SPHR or similar certification a plus.
- Requires strategic thinking, critical problem solving, and business partnering while having an appreciation for and participation in the tactical work of the department
- Strong interpersonal communication, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Possess strong diagnostic, assessment and decision-making skills; outstanding ability to influence and build relationships within the organization
- Must have a track record of building strong, mutually beneficial relationships and achieving results thru empowering people
- Demonstrated ability to accelerate the rate of change in shaping a high-performance culture
- Strong verbal and written communication, documentation and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of human resources practices and policies as well as applicable state and federal laws and regulations
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your shortlist.™
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “short list search”. Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.