SkyWater is excited to partner with the CFO of a growing Real Estate Development company in St. Paul who is looking to hire an HR Director! We are not looking for an experienced Director, instead we are looking for an "up-and-comer" who is interested in continuing their professional growth. This role will be responsible for employee benefits, employee relations, compensation, recruitment, onboarding, policy and procedure development, payroll, performance management, and training. As the HR leader you will make strategic recommendations regarding human resources that further the mission of the company. If you have a solid generalist background and would like to take that next logical step into leading an HR function, we would love to speak with you! You can contact Lindsay Dubbeldee directly for further information: LDubbeldee@skywatersearch.com.
- Provide managers and employees with consultation, advice and coaching relating to interpretation of HR policies and regulations
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Directly manage HR Generalist position, including training, performance evaluations, scheduling
- Coordinate and execute HR projects
- Develop and administer effective recruitment program for exempt and non-exempt positions
- Responsible for onboarding process that leads to overall retention and attainment of company goals
- Keep abreast of and ensure legal compliance with all Federal/State employment labor laws, including FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, EEO and ADA. Consult with outside counsel as needed to determine appropriate course of action.
- Investigate employee concern or complaints, by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partner with management to recommend actions to resolve issues.
- Administer salary and performance review program to ensure alignment to core company values
- Enhance and/or maintain, implement and enforce the Employee Handbook and ensure consistent adherence to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for benefit administration for all benefit plans, including contract negotiation, communication to employees, problem resolution, compliance, and audits
- Manage workers’ compensation, FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) and request for other leaves of absence while utilizing tools and resources that lower claim costs, improve employee safety and increases attendance and retention rates. Coordinate and manage workers’ compensation claims review and RTW (return to work) program.
- Administer effective company-wide training program using various resources
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Proven experience resolving employee relations issues
- Effective counseling, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters
- Intermediate computer skills, including experience w/Microsoft Office software. ADP skills preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with all levels within the company
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, multi-task and organize/prioritize workflow
- PHR or SPHR Certification is preferred
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your shortlist.™
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “short list search”. Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.