SkyWater Search Partners is partnering with an established multi-site manufacturing client in St. Paul to find their next HR Director (this is the top HR position in the company). Our client is a 50+ year old company with over 750 employees nationally and is an industry leading, reputable “essential business” with a strong financial track record. We are looking for a proven HR leader who has a strong track record of driving strategic initiatives, driving HR process improvements and leading HR staff. This role is a strategic partner to the senior leadership team and reports to the CFO.
We have partnered on several searches with this company and are excited to partner on this important hire! If you are interested please apply online or reach out to Andrea Anderson at AAnderson@skywatersearch.com
- Provide HR leadership for a multi-location businesses by actively partnering with the senior leadership team and leading HR staff
- Oversee all aspects of the Human Resources function including, performance management, compensation strategy, recruiting and retention, organizational development, talent management, employee relations, benefits management and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Counsel and coach leadership to align HR with the business strategy, establishing and implementing short-term and long-term strategies that drive business results
- Create effective talent acquisition strategies in order to meet current and future business staffing needs
- Manage the workers' compensation program and liaison between the workers' compensation brokers and the insurance company
- Lead evaluation of employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage employee relations issues in union and non-union settings.
- Manage the performance management process, which includes providing effective training as well as coaching leaders and employees on goal setting and performance management communication/documentation Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support efforts throughout the organization
- Lead the talent management process including workforce planning and succession planning
- Participate in the annual benefit review process, including providing feedback regarding design or policy changes, oversee administration of all benefit programs including the 401K plan
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to provide vision and leadership, and demonstrated effectiveness in attaining results through others.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans.
- Strong process orientation and ability to organize and manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships at all levels
- Results oriented with strong bias for action
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills Preferred:
- MBA and/or SPHR certification
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles
- Experience working in Union environments
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.