In-house Real Estate Attorney – Renewable Energy
We are partnering with a growing renewable energy independent power producer successfully developing over 1GW of renewable energy projects in the US. This company is well-capitalized and growing at a strong and steady rate. Because of the growth, the legal team is looking to add its second attorney to the team.
This attorney will need at least 3-10 years of real estate transactional experience, from purchase agreements, to title work, to commercial leasing, to easement and permitting negotiations, to land rights issues, and so on. Hands-on transactional experience with a heavy emphasis on drafting and title work is required. Experience with construction law and/or the renewable energy industry a major plus.
This company operates like a closely-knit family with a strong company culture. The role is based out of the western suburbs and is a full-time in-office opening.
If you’re interested in learning more, please apply or reach out to Kelsey Quarberg directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Draft, review, and execute a variety of real estate agreements, including purchase agreements, lease and easement agreements, landowner estoppels, subordinations and Non-Disturbance Agreements (NDAs), and general land documents
- Report to General Counsel and work with senior management, outside counsel, and real estate paralegal
- Evaluate mineral rights and surface use agreements
- Review and manage all aspects of title work, including title commitments, surveys, clear title, and title insurance policies
- Handle EPC contracts and construction law aspects of renewable energy projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3-10 years of experience in an in-house or law firm setting focused on real estate transactions
- JD from an accredited law school and license to practice in Minnesota
- Experience with a variety of real estate transactions, title documents, easement and permitting negotiations, purchase agreements, and commercial lease agreements, among others
- Understanding of real estate contract drafting, negotiations, and relevant compliance processes, including mineral rights and surface use agreements
- Must have extensive experience with title work and surveys
- Strong attention to detail, with soft skills in project management, dispute resolution, and creative thinking
- Preference for candidates with EPC contracts, construction, multi-parcel transactions, and/or renewable energy experience
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.