Key Account Manager
Our client is a leading provider of strategic cost management opportunities that help manufacturers succeed in today's marketplace. They specialize in establishing supplier and manufacturing relationships to help facilitate the process and negotiate the best value solutions for their customers. They're looking to add a Key Account Manager to their team who will be responsible for growing sales within existing accounts by using consultative yet creative and innovative approach to help their clients find the best value solution.
The ideal candidate has a technical aptitude with industrial sales experience, engaging and selling to buyers, engineers and occasionally C-suite level executives within small-midsized companies. Compensation for this position is a competitive base salary + uncapped commission potential and additional benefits.
- Responsible for identifying new opportunities within existing accounts, presenting unique & creative potential solutions to the customer
- Help clients find cost effective solutions
- Ability to ask discovery questions to better understand the customers products and needs well enough to be able to identify ways to improve their current processes to achieve the highest value for that client
- Responsible for managing and processing their qualified pipeline of opportunities by following the complete sales process
- Responsible for servicing accounts and managing customer expectations
- Ability to work in a team setting and cross functionally with other departments within the organization and supporting the agenda of SR Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of technical industrial sales experience
- Proven sales experience selling to engineers, buyers & occasionally C-suite executives within small to mid-sized businesses
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, industrial, agriculture and medical industries, at the OEM level
- This candidate ideally has a mechanical aptitude and is someone who likes to “tinker around” or “build things”
- Reading and understanding of CAD drawing-- is strongly preferred
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.