Lead Building Engineer
SkyWater Search Partners is looking for a Lead Building Engineer for a client of ours in the West Metro. This would be a full-time, permanent leadership position with a third-generation redeveloper of commercial real estate.
This position works closely with our property maintenance and property management staff to maintain all building operating systems and the overall condition of our properties while providing a safe and comfortable environment for our tenants. This individual will perform daily monitoring, inspection, maintenance of buildings and grounds to prevent or resolve issues, utilizing specialty vendors as needed. The qualified candidate must have working knowledge of building electrical, lighting, mechanical, plumbing, locksmith tasks, energy management, card access, life safety and fire systems. The mechanical systems include chillers, boilers, air handling units, VAV, pumps, water chemical treatment, and cooling towers.
- 10 or more years of experience in commercial building maintenance.
- Maintain a boiler license and be CFC certified.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and respond quickly to tenant concerns.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, navigate ladders, and work from heights or in tight spaces.
- Personable, professional and positive demeanor for interaction with tenants, staff, and outside vendors.
- Capability to supervise one or more building maintenance technicians.
- Ability to perform preventative and on-going maintenance duties and maintain building specific maintenance procedures.
- Availability to be on-call on a rotating schedule with use of a personal vehicle.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and satisfactory background check.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- A willingness to take direction and to expand your skills.
- Dependability and an outstanding work ethic.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge or willingness to use mobile technology.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.